Autor Tema: FLORHAM PARK, N. [url=http://www.cheapspursjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-marco-belinell  (Leído 1 veces)

zhanjiao1212

• Usuario Héroe
    • Ver Perfil
FLORHAM PARK, N. Marco Belinelli Jersey .J. - Rontez Miles season debut for the New York Jets never made it to game day.The backup safety had emergency surgery on his right leg Thursday night after he was injured in practice earlier in the day.The team announced Friday that Miles, promoted from the practice squad this week, injured his shin area when he was accidentally kicked by a teammate on the field. Rex Ryan said it appeared to be just a bruise at first, but team doctors determined it was more serious as the pain increase throughout the day.Our trainers were here and their biggest fear with any kind of bruise or something like that is that something like this could happen, Ryan said. Theyre very observant, and he had treatment after and it never got better.Neither Ryan nor the Jets could immediately confirm the exact nature of the injury, but the symptoms appeared similar to compartment syndrome, which usually results from bleeding or swelling after an injury and causes high pressure in the injured area and impedes blood flow. Emergency surgery is sometimes required to relieve the pressure and prevent permanent injury.I was shocked by it, too, Ryan said. Apparently the pressure, it just kept getting worse and worse and worse.Miles was expected to play Sunday against the New England Patriots after being promoted Tuesday when the Jets waived cornerback Josh Thomas. He was in the locker room Thursday after practice with his lower right leg wrapped, but it didnt appear to be a serious injury. It was considered so minor, in fact, that Miles didnt even appear on the teams injury report.But Ryan said he was updated by the team doctors, who told him that Miles needed immediate surgery, around 8 p.m. Thursday. A few hours later, Miles wrote on his Facebook page that he would miss the rest of the season because of the injury and that surgery went well.The 26-year-old Miles spent most of last season on the Jets practice squad after being signed as an undrafted free agent out of California (Pa.) He played in one game last season, and was re-signed to the practice squad two days after being cut following training camp in August.Ryan was not certain if Miles would indeed miss the season finale at Miami next Sunday.We were really excited to watch him play, Ryan said. Then this unfortunately happens.In other injuries, wide receiver Percy Harvin is probable after being limited at practice with a sprained ankle suffered at Minnesota two weeks ago. Ryan revealed earlier in the week that Harvin played through a third-degree sprain — meaning the ligament is completely torn — in the Jets win at Tennessee last Sunday.Special teams coach Thomas McGaughey said Harvins injury was so painful, he needed to be carried by a teammate — right tackle Breno Giacomini — up the stairs to the plane to Tennessee. He ended up with no catches, but had a 10-yard run and he returned a kickoff 33 yards.Its feeling a whole lot better, Harvin said. I was able to get a lot more treatment, so compared to last week around this time, its a night-and-day difference. I think Ill be able to be a little more effective than I was last week, especially coming out of my breaks.Defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson is questionable with turf toe, an injury that has sidelined him the last three games. He has been fitted for a couple of custom-made shoes to try to help relieve the pain since the injury against the Buffalo Bills at Detroits Ford Field on Nov. 24.It still hurts, he said. I mean, its getting a little better each and every day, but its still bothering me on the field.Wide receiver-special teamer Saalim Hakim (quadriceps) and safety Jaiquawn Jarrett (shoulder) are both listed as questionable, but Ryan seemed optimistic about their chances of playing against the Patriots.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Sean Elliott Jersey . The Cubs made the moves before Thursdays game against Arizona. They promoted left-hander Zac Rosscup and right-hander Neil Ramirez from Triple-A Iowa and optioned righty Blake Parker to their top minor league team. Lonnie Walker Jersey . They probably ruined Tim Duncans hopes of a career change, though. Duncan wants to be a point guard, coach Gregg Popovich revealed Saturday, a wish that wont be granted. http://www.cheapspursjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-manu-ginobili-jersey . Harrison Barnes had 15 points and Reggie Bullock scored 11 for the Tar Heels (17-3, 4-1 ACC), who took the court for the first time without starter Dexter Strickland. The junior guard tore his right ACL last Thursday at Virginia Tech and will miss the rest of the season.NEW YORK, N.Y. - One strong defensive quarter helped the New York Knicks end a seven-game skid.New York held Denver to just one basket in the second quarter en route to a 109-93 victory over the Nuggets on Sunday.The Nuggets missed their first 15 shots of the period before Ty Lawsons layup at the buzzer ended the nearly 13-minute drought. New York outscored Denver 31-8 in the quarter to blow it open.I thought probably defensively that was the difference in that quarter, Fisher said.We scored 31 points in the first quarter as well even though it may not have looked as pretty as it did in the second quarter but someway we found a way to hold them to eight points and I thought that was the difference in the game.Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith, whove had their shares of moments grasping the concepts of a new offensive system, each scored 28 points to lead New York. But the Knicks first win since Nov. 2 against Charlotte boiled down to their defensive effort in the second quarter, which gave them a 62-39 lead heading into the second half.I thought in that second quarter we played great defence, buckling down, keeping them out of transition. It led to our offensive end, said Anthony, who made 10 of 14 shots from the field. Once we got stops on the defensive end, we felt confident enough to go down there and make some shots and run our offence and do what we had to do.Arron Afflalo had 18 points and Ty Lawson added 17 points and nine assists for the Nuggets, whove lost seven of their last eight games. Kenneth Faried chipped in 16 points.Afflalo, who hit 4 of 5 3-pointers and scored 13 points in the first 12 minutes of the game, had never experienced a slide like the one Denver went through in the second quarter.I noticed that we only had scored six points pretty much that whole quarter and I knew we hadnt made a few free throws, but I didnt recognize the fact that we hadnt been able to score the ball from the field, Afflalo said.Samuel Dalembert had eight points and eight rebounds for New York.Trailing by as many as 25 points after Anthonys shot made it 79-54 for the Knicks with 5:36 leftt in the quarter, Denver went on a 25-10 run, capped by Nate Robinsons three-point play that made it 89-80 with 8:55 in the final quarter. Pau Gasol Jersey. But New York pulled away for good with a 13-3 spurt of its own. Amare Stoudemires three-point play made it 92-80. After a free thrown by Denvers Alonzo Gee, Smith scored four straight points and Anthony hit a 3-pointer that extended New Yorks lead, 99-82 with 5:50 remaining. Lawson then added a free throw before Smith answered with a shot beyond the arc that made it 102-83 with 3:58 left.The Nuggets started out with a good rhythm in the opening quarter, hitting 6 of 9 3-pointers, but then hit their scoring drought, which started after Darrell Arthur hit a 20-footer with 50.2 seconds left that gave Denver its last lead 31-29 of the game.I thought we started out the game getting what we wanted, but it was an exchange, we were scoring, they were scoring, Denver coach Brian Shaw said. In the second quarter we were tentative offensively and we had a long drought with no penetration, turnovers missed free throws and they slowly continued to score.TIP-INSNuggets: Denver took advantage of the Knicks defence, which entered the game having given up an NBA-worst 42 per cent beyond the arc, by hitting 6 of 9 3-pointers in the first quarter.Knicks: Smith started in place of shooting guard Iman Shumpert, who sat out after suffering a right hip contusion Friday night. He made 10 of 16 from the field, including a pair of 3-pointers and hit six free throws.QUICK RESTStoudemire, who had played in each of New Yorks first nine games, was back in the lineup after sitting out Friday nights loss to Utah. He scored nine points and grabbed six rebounds in 20 minutes.OFFENSIVE FUTILITYThe one basket in the second quarter wasnt the worst ever for a team as a few teams have gone a whole period without a hoop. The last of which was when Chicago held Atlanta without a basket in the third quarter of a game in 2007 according to STATS.UP NEXTNuggets: Denver plays at Cleveland on Monday night.Knicks: Travel to face the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday night ' ' '